Yesterday’s April Fools post was about Amazon’s choosing Memphis for HQ2. In writing this article, I discovered that I literally grew inside an arboretum (pic is above) and according to someone named Jennifer in support, if we all email: email@example.com saying “please consider adding direct flights to and from Boston/Memphis,” it can only help. These are not the only items of interest from this past March. Below are the latest gems that relate to recruiting, talent and technology:
- Madeline Laurano wrote an great article about emerging recruiting tech in Ireland.
- Have you seen the news about this Facebook’s settlement? This has real impacts for the future of targeted employment ads.
- Be kind to your candidates; Katrina Kibben offers some sage words to help you do this.
- Need to understand Instagram? This article from Steve Davis is a must read.
- I loved this piece from Ultimate Software celebrating International Women’s Day (March 8th).
- This interactive workplace intelligence report written by HR Wins in conjunction with Greenhouse software is amazing and is brimming with relevant data to support your HR strategy business case.
- Want to learn more about the JobVite mega-merger? Listen to Chris Russel’s interview of JobVite’s VP of Marketing Matt Singer on the Rec Tech Podcast.
- Hung Lee recently asked Irina Shamaeva to put together this tip sheet for what you can search based on LinkedIn access level. Thank you!
- Great advice for tough recruiting situations by Mark Jackson.
- Recent Investments:
- 280M – Workfront: Workforce Management Software – story here
- 28M – Skedulo: Workforce Scheduling – story here
- 20M – Hibob: HRIS – story here
- 13M – Paradox: Recruiting AI (chat) – story here
- 11M – Jitjatjo: Human cloud/marketplace – story here
- 10M – Fairygodboss: Job Board Marketplace – story here
- 9M – Gem: Sourcing Tool/CRM – story here
- 8M – Mursion: VR solution – story here
- 4.5M – Fetcher: Sourcing/AI solution – story here
- 1.9M – Cluster: Job Board Marketplace – story here
Thank you Talent Products Plays for easy access to funding info.
It’s short and sweet, here is the GraceRock monthly quiz. It’s time to test your noggins on recent recruitment happenings.
- What blue collar job board raised 100M in Feb?
- Intel is onto something, they’ve moved from a requisition based hiring to this.
- Using this in your social posts to improve engagement.
- Scare tactics
- Who invested 200M to merge JobVite, Canvas, Talemetry and Rolepoint into one company?
- What HR exec at Wells Fargo also runs her own business?
- Where should you send the following email to help a Memphian out? Please consider adding direct flights connecting Memphis and Boston.